The last Wednesday in the month of September marks National Women’s Health and Fitness Day which means it is set for tomorrow the 28th. This day is meant to bring awareness and attention to the importance of healthy living for women. Since there are different components of health and fitness, I’ve put together a list of ten ways you can celebrate Women’s Health and Fitness Day tomorrow. But don’t worry, you don’t have to do them all.
1. Try a new workout. There are so many different options to keep fitness interesting. Try something like acroyoga, rock climbing, rebounding, barre, hooping, etc.
2. Get your hormones checked. I recently read The Hormone Cure by Sara Gottfried, and it opened my eyes to an entire realm of women’s health I wasn’t really aware of before. Chances are your hormone levels are affecting you more than you know.
3. Get a massage. Practice self-care by heading to a salon or spa for a massage or other relaxing treatment.
4. Say no. If you’re already feeling overwhelmed or just don’t want to do something today, be true to yourself and opt out this time.
5. Go to a museum. You can learn something new as you explore the exhibits at a local museum.
6. Do something creative. Spend some time doing something you already love or try something new like pottery, colouring, weaving, wood working, knitting, writing, playing an instrument or anything else.
7. Meditate. Even if you don’t already practice regularly or have a program you follow, check out the Headspace app or search for a guided meditation on YouTube to try it out.
8. Volunteer. Find and organization you are interested and ask if you can drop in for a few hours. There are lots of options out there from youth programs, to soup kitchens, to animal shelters.
9. Invite a friend to hang out while being active. Go for a walk, hike, bike ride, or whatever else you’re interested in while catching up.
10. Start a conversation with a stranger. You never know who you might click with until you try. Even if you only ever talk to them one time, I bet it will make both of your days.
How will you celebrate Women’s Health and Fitness Day?