Spring has officially arrived according to the calendar, yet where I live it’s still been pretty cold, dark, and gloomy out most days. I struggle in the winter, and so I am anxiously awaiting the sun and flowers to finally come out. As spring blooms, I find my mood usually lifts. To help it along, here are my top 10 self-care activities for spring.
Top 10 Self-Care Activities for Spring
1. It’s time for spring cleaning. Break it up into decluttering mini sessions where you tackle one room or area or storage container at a time.
2. Finally, the flowers are coming back! Buy yourself a bouquet of flowers and display it prominently to brighten up your home. If you don’t like the idea of real flowers, check out these incredibly gorgeous EcoFlowers I came across recently – they’ll never die.
3. Try one of those crafts or recipes you have had pinned on Pinterest forever but haven’t gotten around to yet. Have fun and if it doesn’t turn out, try to laugh it off. You could even submit it as a Pinterest Fail.
4. Hopefully the sun is starting to shine where you are. (Not so much here yet, but I’m hopeful.) Take some time to sort through your closet for the change in weather. Fold and store your sweaters and bring out your warm weather wardrobe.
5. Create an upbeat, springtime playlist on 8tracks, Spotify, iTunes, or whatever else you use. Blast it! Sing along! Have your own solo dance party!
6. With daylight savings kicking in recently, we’ve lost a little bit of daylight time in the morning. Take this opportunity to wake up and watch the sunrise before it gets to be too terribly early in the morning.
7. Choose one entire day to ignore your to-do list. Instead of worrying about those obligations, spend your time resting, working on a hobby, or trying something new.
8. Open up to someone about how they can best support you with regard to your particular needs at this time in your life. This could be with a friend, roommate, romantic partner, family member, or even a coworker – just make sure it’s someone you trust.
9. Rain is pretty frequent in the spring. April showers bring May flowers after all. Spend some time outside watching the clouds rolling in and out or listening to the meditative sound of the rain.
10. After spring comes summer – hurray! Plan a summer holiday, camping trip, or staycation. Dreaming is good for the soul, and it will give you something to look forward to.
Bonus: Speaking kindly to yourself is a regular and effective way to show yourself self-care. Check out my free, self-paced email course 5 Days to Conquer Your Negative Self-Talk. For more information on what the course entails or to just take the leap and sign up, click on over to this page.
What self-care activities for spring will you do?